What is Iconomy®?
A word that means what it says. A word that blends two separate words — ‘Icon’ & ‘Economy’ — into one.
Iconomy® Multi-Media & Entertainment, a division of Iconomy® LLC, helps Icons & prominent individuals go from success to significance by converting their dreams into economic reality. Professional athletes’ careers are short, but their post-playing career should be long, profitable and rewarding. Iconomy helps make this happen by overcoming some harsh truths:
- There are 16,500 professional athletes in the U.S.
- The average pro football career lasts 3.3 years; the average NBA career lasts 6 years. (source)
- A Sports Illustrated survey concluded that within 2 years of retirement, 78% of NFL players are near bankruptcy and 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years. (source)
Iconomy works with athletes during their professional careers and assures that their post-professional career is a financially sound and exciting one.
Athletes work hard to become professionals. It takes many years of discipline, sacrifice and grueling hard work. But once they achieve their professional athletic goals, what happens next? To find out, take this simple quiz:
- Do you know what you’ll want to do after you’re not a professional athlete?
- Do you have a plan for how you’ll make money?
- Is your name a “brand name” that is capable of selling products?
- Do you think you’re getting the most out of your brand’s potential?
If you answered “No” to any of the above questions, you need Iconomy®. We’ll make sure all your answers are always yes.
Iconomy creates the brand equity in you. We are a team of strategists that include marketing and branding professionals, as well as business development specialists.
This means we take your current brand as a professional athlete and find ways to expand that name into other fields, such as books, TV, movies, product endorsements, speaking tours, etc.
Our full-service team also includes:
- Graphic Designers
- Social Media Managers
- Writers, PR & Marketing Managers
- Private Bankers
Iconomy creates strategies that help you transition from an active Professional player to a Post-Professional player. We want your post-professional life to be as rewarding, fulfilling, and challenging as your athletic career. Or even better. This is accomplished by creating a Personalized Game Plan that helps you:
- Create new goals for your life. We help the athlete find a meaningful and fulfilling Life After Sports by articulating new goals and a specific plan of how to actualize these goals.
- Monetize your achievement in other fields. Based on each athlete’s skills and desires, we create opportunities for the athlete to translate athletic achievements into other fields of interest.
- Elevate your legacy from success in a sport to being significant in the community and in business. Athletic fame can open not only business opportunities to enhance income, but it can provide a stage for athletes to have a beneficial impact on their communities through charitable events, educational forums, or speaking engagements.
Iconomy Helping Kareem Abdul Jabbar & Flexsure Change the Game in Joint Health
FlexSure is a new, more effective way for your own body to naturally restore and repair joints. You can be free of discomfort and the limited movement that accompanies deteriorating joints. Click here to learn the facts.